We are often asked, "how do I decide if it is time to consider replacing my windows?" I've put together a simple little quiz to help you think about the decision to replace windows now or later.
1. You feel drafts and chills when sitting near your windows. Yes _____ No_____
2. Your heating and cooling bills seem high already and keep rising each year. Yes _____ No_____
3. Your windows are hard or impossible to open for cleaning and ventilation. Yes _____ No_____
4. Your windows' glass is hard to clean to your satisfaction. Yes _____ No_____
5. Your windows need painting and/or puttying on a regular basis. Yes _____ No_____
6. When you touch the glass of your windows, it feels cold (or hot in the summer) to the touch. Yes _____ No_____
7. Your windows are more than 25 years old (which means they're unlikely to have Low-Emissivity Glass.) Yes _____ No_____
8. Your windows' framing material is showing signs of deterioration, rotting, veining, swelling, degrading or paint peeling. Yes _____ No_____
9. Your windows' unsightly appearance are reducing the value of your home. Yes _____ No_____
10. You would like to change the look of your home without doing major renovations. Yes _____ No_____
If you answered "yes" to 3 or more of these questions, you should seriously consider investigating new vinyl-framed replacement windows. They can solve all of the problems addressed by the ten questions above, saving you significant energy while allowing you to easily ventilate your home and clean your windows easily from inside your home. They can change the appearance and ambiance of your home and add value to it. And best of all, they can basically pay for themselves over the years -- from the savings you'll enjoy by reducing your energy bills.
No comments found.
Post a comment (login required)