Soft-Lite Gorell Bay Windows
Handcrafted Soft-Lite Gorell Bay Windows will introduce more natural light into your home, expand your view of the outdoors, and actually make your room larger. Built to last for decades, these window additions provide a multitude of other benefits—including low maintenance, enhanced energy efficiency and home comfort, and a breathtaking appearance. You'll appreciate the functionality and versatility of a Soft-Lite Gorell bay window for years to come.
THE ENERGY STAR® PROGRAM
Ask about Soft-Lite Gorell ENERGY STAR® labeled vinyl windows. Practically every vinyl window made by Soft-Lite Gorell incorporates one of our numerous high-performance glass systems with low-emissivity glass and argon or krypton gas. These systems qualify our products for the ENERGY STAR label. Soft-Lite Gorell ENERGY STAR labeled products make your home more comfortable and lower your energy costs!
BAY and BOW LITERATURE
Bay and Bow Replacement Windows Brochure
- Window Features
- Color Options
- Glass Options
- Grid & Blind Options
- Additional Options
STANDARD FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- Heavy-duty vinyl frames—with all corners fused together at high temperatures for extraordinary strength—have separate internal chambers to provide excellent insulation.
- Soft-White™, beige, and brown vinyl frames and sashes feature an exceptionally smooth, clean surface that keeps your Soft-Lite Gorell windows looking beautiful for decades.
- PPG Intercept® warm-edge spacer system reduces energy loss through the glass.
- Heavy-duty, 1-1/4"-thick wood in the head, seat and jamb boards provides strength and durability.
- Insulated seatboard with 3/4" exterior capped ply-wood. Super-Seat™ Dow® Foam 3" sandwich with R-9 performance for maximum thermal protection; also fights condensation
- Exclusive welded sill pan eliminates water penetration. The unique design provides a built-in weep system and a smooth finish on the exterior surface of the seat board.
- All window and mull cavities are insulated completely with Comfort-Foam™ for maximum energy efficiency.
- Mull cover plates ensure no butt-joints to caulk or leak.
- Threaded steel rod and chain bracing system provides sag-free support. (Knee brackets must be installed if roof overhang prevents use of chain system.
- Automotive-type window glazing creates a super-tight seal to keep out moisture and air.
- BetterVue™ screens with heavy-duty aluminum frames, will give you a sharper view of the outdoors, and the added airflow you'll get for ventilation is almost like having no screens at all.
INTERIOR COLOR AND FINISH OPTIONS
The standard interior/exterior vinyl frame color for Bay windows is Soft-White, beige, and brown*. Optional interior woodgrain** finishes—including Light Oak, Medium Oak, Brazilian Cherry, Cherry, and Maple—allow you to choose the finish that best complements the look of your home.
*Brown is not available in 5300G windows. **Woodgrains are not available in the 5100G windows.
EXTERIOR COLOR AND FINISH OPTIONS
The standard interior/exterior vinyl frame color for Bay windows is Soft-White, beige, and brown. Soft-Lite Gorell offers 14 standard exterior color options* and unlimited custom colors which allow you to coordinate or contrast your windows to your home.
*PVC Bond Colors not available in 5100G Windows.
LOW-E & DECORATIVE GLASS OPTIONS
LOW-E GLASS OPTIONS
ENERGY STAR® qualified Low-E glass systems, available in many different Low-E and inert gas configurations, help keep your home energy bills low—and comfort levels high.
DECORATIVE GLASS OPTIONS
Beautiful stained, etched and V-grooved decorative glass patterns will give your home a touch of elegance and its own distinctive character.
OBSCURE GLASS OPTIONS
Obscure glass patterns offer privacy as well as beauty, while allowing in light.
SOLARSHINE GLASS COATING
Window glass with SolarShine™ stays cleaner longer because SolarShine's unique coating loosens and breaks down dirt. Water “sheets” off the glass instead of beading.
BLIND & GRID OPTIONS
“Tilt-Only” InterBlinds™ “between-the-glass” blinds provide instant privacy and beauty. They're easy to operate and will never require cleaning.
INTERNAL BETWEEN-THE-GLASS GRIDS
Contoured internal grids—in traditional colonial, distinctive brass and diamond patterns—give your windows the look of divided lites. You never need to clean them because the grids are between the glass.
TWO DISTINCT MODELS
Two distinct models—30-degree bay or 45-degree bay—allow you to achieve precisely the look you want for your home.
OPTIONAL PAINTED ALUMINUM ROOFS
Optional painted aluminum roofs are available in 28 decorator colors. Also available with optional copper or wood roof systems.