Soft-Lite Gorell 5400G AMP Double-Hung Impact Windows
- Window Features
- Color Options
- Glass & Grid Options
- Additional Options
5400G AMP DOUBLE-HUNG IMPACT WINDOW OVERVIEW
Who could have imagined a double-hung window this tough and strong? Soft-Lite Gorell's 5400G Armor Max Plus (AMP) double-hung impact window has passed all ASTM Large Missile Impact Level "D" tests for installation right on the coast. It's been rigorously tested and rated to stringent window industry DP-50 standards, too.
These rugged yet beautiful hurricane windows offer so much more than storm protection. They will help protect your home against intrusion, reduce your home energy usage and costs, and keep out damaging UV light.
Moreover, like all of Soft-Lite Gorell's popular double-hung models, these 5400G AMP hurricane windows are unbelievably easy to operate and clean—and they never require maintenance. This window is the perfect hurricane window.
ENERGY STAR® Qualified Windows
5400G AMP Impact Windows Brochure
STANDARD FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- 5400G Armor Max Plus™ Hurricane Glass System—with three panes of glass and a protective 0.090" thick laminated interlayer—provides exceptional protection against airborne debris and other dangers from violent weather.
- The glass is deeply embedded into the frame, offering optimum structural integrity.
- Rigid tubular master frame—with all the corners fused together at high temperatures for extraordinary strength—has 13 separate chambers to improve insulating properties, as well as strength and rigidity.
- Comfort-Foam™ inside the frame chambers enhances thermal performance.
- Heavy-duty constant force balance system—with stainless steel reinforced attachment points—gives you fingertip operation on even the largest of double-hung models.
- Two heavy-duty cam sweep locks hold sashes in place during violent weather and will also keep your home safer and more secure. From the outside looking in, they cannot be seen, which gives your windows a more attractive appearance.
- Soft-White™ vinyl—clear through—complements practically any architectural style and is pleasing to the eye.
- Zamac 3 zinc-aluminum tilt latches on double-hung models also help keep sashes secure during violent weather, yet let you tilt in sashes easily to make cleaning a breeze.
- Soft-Lite Gorell’s high-performance Low-E coating and argon gas between the glass panes ensure that 5400G Armor Max Plus impact windows help lower home energy costs and make your home more comfortable.
- Easy-to-operate limiting latches allow for ventilation while helping to keep children and your home safer.
- Special double weather stripping seals out drafts and dust and improves insulation and window performance.
- Automotive-type window glazing creates a super-tight seal to keep out moisture and air.
- Insulating foam wrap around the frame significantly reduces the possibility of drafts.
- Distinctive dual millwork lines on the interior master frame provides a look of handcrafted molding.
- BetterVue™ screens, with heavy-duty aluminum frames, will give you a sharper view of the outdoors, and the added airflow you'll get for ventilation is almost like having no screens at all.
VINYL INTERIOR/EXTERIOR COLORS
Soft-Lite Gorell’s standard interior/exterior vinyl frame color for the 5400G AMP Series window is Soft-White™ and Beige.
EXTERIOR COLOR AND FINISH OPTIONS
The standard interior/exterior vinyl frame color for the 5400G AMP Series window is Soft-White™ and Beige. An array of standard exterior color options—or virtually any custom color you request—allows you to coordinate or contrast your windows to your home.
GLASS & GRID OPTIONS
INTERNAL BETWEEN-THE-GLASS GRIDS
Contoured internal grids—in traditional colonial patterns—give your windows the look of divided lites. You never need to clean them because the grids are between the glass.
ORIEL-STYLE WINDOW SASH
“Oriel-style” design provides asymmetrical sash size configuration that gives you a larger viewing area in one of the sashes.