Soft-Lite Gorell 5400G AMP Lift-Out Sliding Impact Windows
- Window Features
- Color Options
- Glass & Grid Options
- Additional Options
5400G AMP SLIDING IMPACT WINDOW OVERVIEW
Among the many choices of hurricane windows from Soft-Lite Gorell is the 5400G Armor Max Plus (AMP) sliding impact window. These extraordinarily tough windows have passed all ASTM Large Missile Impact Level "D" tests and also have a Design Pressure rating of 50. Designed to provide maximum protection against hurricanes and other violent weather conditions, they provide numerous additional benefits—including cost-saving energy efficiency, vault-like security, undeniable sound reduction, protection against damaging UV and exquisite beauty.
These hurricane windows open and close smoothly, and the sash can be lifted out for quick, easy cleaning. Available in two-lite configurations, 5400G AMP lift-out sliders offer a practical choice for homeowners who prefer horizontally operating windows.
ENERGY STAR® Qualified Windows
5400G AMP Impact Windows Brochure
STANDARD FEATURES AND BENEFITS
- 5400G Armor Max Plus™ Hurricane Glass System—with three panes of glass and a protective 0.090" thick laminated interlayer—provides exceptional protection against airborne debris and other dangers from violent weather.
- The glass is deeply embedded into the frame, offering optimum structural integrity.
- Rigid tubular master frame—with all the corners fused together at high temperatures for extraordinary strength—has 13 separate chambers to improve insulating properties, as well as strength and rigidity.
- Comfort-Foam™ inside the frame chambers enhances thermal performance.
- Soft-White™ vinyl—clear through—complements practically any architectural style and is pleasing to the eye.
- Two heavy-duty cam sweep locks hold sashes in place during violent weather and will also keep your home safer and more secure. From the outside looking in, they cannot be seen, which gives your windows a more attractive appearance.
- Non-corrosive brass rollers provide smooth, graceful gliding action.
- Lift-out sashes, with an anti-drift device that prevents sashes from being lifted out unless you want them to, provide easy access to the exterior of the window for cleaning.
- Soft-Lite Gorell’s high-performance Low-E coating and argon gas between the glass panes ensure that 5400G Armor Max Plus impact windows help lower home energy costs and make your home more comfortable.
- Easy-to-operate limiting latches allow for ventilation while helping to keep children and your home safer.
- Special double weather stripping seals out drafts and dust and improves insulation and window performance.
- Automotive-type window glazing creates a super-tight seal to keep out moisture and air.
- Insulating foam wrap around the frame significantly reduces the possibility of drafts.
- Distinctive dual millwork lines on the interior master frame provides a look of handcrafted molding.
- BetterVue™ screens, with heavy-duty aluminum frames, will give you a sharper view of the outdoors, and the added airflow you'll get for ventilation is almost like having no screens at all.
VINYL INTERIOR/EXTERIOR COLORS
Soft-Lite Gorell’s standard interior/exterior vinyl frame color for the 5400G AMP Series window is Soft-White™ and Beige.
EXTERIOR COLOR AND FINISH OPTIONS
The standard interior/exterior vinyl frame color for the 5400G AMP Series window is Soft-White™ and Beige. An array of standard exterior color options—or virtually any custom color you request—allows you to coordinate or contrast your windows to your home.
GLASS & GRID OPTIONS
INTERNAL BETWEEN-THE-GLASS GRIDS
Contoured internal grids—in traditional colonial patterns—give your windows the look of divided lites. You never need to clean them because the grids are between the glass.
ORIEL-STYLE WINDOW SASH
“Oriel-style” design provides asymmetrical sash size configuration that gives you a larger viewing area in one of the sashes.