Buying The Right Windows for Your Home
Selecting the right windows for your home can be a daunting task. Like any specialized area, window manufacturing and technology are constantly changing and understanding them can be difficult. Before you make any decisions and commit to what will likely be a substantial home-improvement investment, read on and learn more about windows.
CONSIDER BUYING WINDOWS WHEN . . .
- Your home feels drafty in cold weather or uncomfortably warm from heat penetrating your windows in warmer weather.
- Your heating and cooling bills are high—and continue to increase!
- You're concerned about how safe or secure your windows are.
- Your home's existing windows are faded, making your home look old and dated or in poor condition.
- The glass in your windows is cracked or the operating hardware is in need of repair.
- Your windows are difficult or impossible to open or close.
- Your old windows require constant work—puttying, painting, and re-caulking them.
- You're planning to sell your home and you need better "curb appeal" to make the sale.